It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Scenery for FSX 

Post Scenery for FSX
Hi all.

Might be an obvious

issue, but the new FSX seems to want to plant trees in the middle of the main parking apron. Any tips on this

one?

Many thanks and well done for the FS9 scenery so far.

Ernest.
src="{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif" alt=":)" title="Smile" />

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:03 pm
Scenery Developer

those trees are actually autogen trees

and it's happening because the exclude file doesn't work in FSX due to a different format. I'm afraid there are quite some

issues regarding comaptibilty and it would take a long time to solve. In a few words there won't be an update to make

version1 compatible with FSX.

Regards
Daniel

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post Downloading problem
hi evey one it's the first

time i am participating in a forum I hope I am writing in the right part of the forum. I need help with the download of the

scenery when I am clicking on the link I am beeing rediarected to the downloading site I registered with it but still cant

download it. can some pls help or tell me where can i find an other link. 10q and by the way well done for the great scenery

and site daniel

can begin it!
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it, begin it now!

---Quote From Goethe

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:21 am
Scenery Developer

the link actually directs you to
class="postlink" href="http://www.avsim.com">www.avsim.com
where you have to register first in order to

download. Once you register it should automatically redirect you to the download page in avsim itself. If you did all this

and when you click on the download button in avsim, nothing happens, it could be that your IE is blocking the download.

Probably an information bar will pop up telling you that IE is blocking the site from downloading. Click on the bar itself

and you should get the option to download again. Give it a few seconds and the download should start.

Hope this

helps.

Daniel

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:59 pm
Profile WWW

First many thanks to Daniel for

giving us such excellent work. Looking forward to v2 - keep it up!!

I've installed v1 in FSX and noticed we're

going to have a problem with the way it handles GATE parking. Every parking assigned to GATE is given a pushback tug, loader

and baggage cart automatically. This is coded into FSX and so far I haven't found anyone who has been able to remove them.

This is going to give us a big headache assigning parking to Apron 9. With the parking as it is on Apron 9, these vehicles

just stand there in the middle of the taxilanes!! If we can't find a way to stop FSX loading these vehicles, we're going to

lose at least one taxilane and some parking.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:45 am
Scenery Developer

HI Ivan V1 will definitely give you problems in FSX

and at the moment I've got no clue how the newly implemented AI vehicular traffic works. I still have to have to check out

the new SDK and this will only be solved once the scenery is made compatible with FSX, hopefully!

Daniel

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:31 am
Profile WWW

Post AI Airport Vehicles
Well Daniel, this is what I

know so far about AI vehicles in airports:

1) Every parking spot assigned to GATE generates a puskback tug, loader

& baggage cart automatically. CARGO spots generate a pushback tug only. Other parking generates none. This is coded in

FSX. I'm trying to look into what others are doing but so far haven't found anyone who has been able to supress them. I

do have scenery for Liverpool Airport that has got rid of them. I'm looking at its exclusions. The only flag that could

possibly exclide them is "Exclude All Library Objects" - I'm not certain yet as have to try it out myself &

see what happens..... so keep fingers crossed!

2) The other vehicles you see running around airports are part of the

new "Living World" scenery. They spawn sporadically at airports. The number of vehicles spawning is proportionate

to the number of parking spots (or Gates?) assigned to the airport. I'm informed that the types of vehicles that crop up is

determined by what Microsoft has coded into a "Region" XML - so you get different vehicles in different regions of

the world. I'm informed that you may edit this XML so any vehicles you want may appear. So far, however, I haven't been

able to find this "Region" XML.

I too am looking into the SDK to try to find clues there. However given the

little time I have to spend on flight simming, I spend most of it flying! So I'm moving slowly on the tech

side.

Just an after thought I want to share. Looking into the SDK I have thought that maybe the old parking radius

specs we're used to may be a bit too big for FSX. Given time to experiment (of which I have little unfortunately), reducing

the parking radius may be an initial solution not to have the vehicles stand in the middle of the taxilanes. Again I need to

test this first but my hunch is that the tugs, loader & baggage cart are placed just "outside" the parking

radius.

Ivan

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:06 pm
Scenery Developer

Thanks for the info Ivan. As I said I still have to

look at the new SDK and from what you wrote it seems that they changed quite alot. Welcome to the mind-boggling world of how

Fs works. Try to enjoy the sim and do not end up like me, firing up the sim just to test the scenery
src="{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif" alt=":wink:" title="Wink" /> .

Daniel

Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:19 am
Profile WWW